Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Training, Day #9

I am *so* glad that the gym is open again, so that I could do this 10k time trial on the treadmill, with pre-set pace, and an easy way up ticking up the pace when desired, and know that I'm not kicking it up too much. Nevermind the fact that it was about 85 degrees outside at the time I was starting my workout. (Yeah, that would've padded several minutes onto the run, assuming that I wasn't overwhelmed by the heat and humidity and turned the time trial into simply a 6.2 mile easy run/walk.)

Goal: 42-43 minutes. I was looking to get as close to 41:59 as possible, just 'cause. Alas, I didn't kick up the extra little bit of speed *quite* early enough, but still did a great job on tonight's run: 42:06. Not quite a PR, but a damn strong finish. And really not hurting at all. Quite pleased. The thought of doing close to this pace across a full marathon is kind of daunting (6:52/mi is the goal to crack 3 hours), but this is a nice early milestone for assessing my current fitness level. It only gets better from here. Someone please make sure that this marathon actually is held on schedule!

Tomorrow: Nice easy-pace 7-mile run.

No comments:

Post a Comment