Thursday, July 2, 2020

Training, wk 3 begins

The plan for this week is to be a very challenging one, where good gains are made, and then next week will be a small step back in intensity to allow for proper recovery.

Monday was a light load (5 miles at 7:35), given Sunday was a "something of substance" day (as I came to know it while using the Hanson Marathon Method previously). Nothing special -- nice comfortable run.

Tuesday was one helluva run. Speed work where I did 3 miles' worth of ¼-mile intervals at 10mph and 1 mile's worth of ½-mile intervals at 9.8mph, with an easy-pace mile warm-up and cool-down. I was extremely pleased with how well this run went for me. No issues at all with my legs, and my HR didn't even get overly elevated.

Wednesday was very similar to Monday (6 miles at 7:30), since Thursday was another SOS day. My legs were a little fatigued from Tuesday, but not bad. And I had a bit of a stitch in my side the whole time, but nothing so bad that I needed to stop. It was more annoyingly distracting (focusing my attention on whether it was going to be a cause to stop my run). Made it through.

Today was another strong SOS run. 6 miles total, with the (approximately) middle 3 miles at 7:00 pace.

Really happy with my progress so far. Keeping positive thoughts about Chicago actually taking place. Tomorrow will be a first for me -- a double workout in one day. These will periodically be necessary to help achieve the goal of sub-3. Neither of the two runs look like they should be at all difficult individually. We'll see how I feel with them being separated by 8 waking hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment