Monday, July 20, 2020

Rollercoaster, anyone?

Talk about an emotional rollercoaster. Yesterday, I posted about regaining some motivation. Today, about 20,000 people took another enormous hit to their motivation for training with the official cancellation of the Marine Corps Marathon and 50k.

I had recently signed up to participate in the brand-new Trifecta: 10k, Marathon, and 50k. I was already registered for the live 50k race, and signed up to run the 10k and marathon as virtual events to complete the Trifecta. While I was planning on using a live marathon to satisfy MCM's virtual marathon, I have absolutely zero desire to do a virtual 50k. My only interest in running the ultra is to do so as part of the real event. Even moreso as one of the pacers, like I did last year.

So, now it's a matter of whether I can defer the 50k to next year *and* get a refund of my registrations for the 10k and marathon. Hopefully that's possible.

With the cancellation of MCM Weekend, that officially ends all of the races I had entered into before COVID hit: 9 races entered, 8 races canceled. (Only Walt Disney World Marathon wound up happening, of the races I was entered into.) I have recently registered for three very small-field marathons taking place in September and October. I'm holding onto the hope that they continue, but by a thin string. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment