Friday, July 17, 2020

Taking the Leap

Yes, lots of races have been canceled, including the ones Down Under that I was planning on running on 9/13 and 9/20. I can't get there given both quarantine restrictions and lack of international flights between  Australia and the U.S. (and one of them is canceled, anyway), but I can still run. 

I've just signed up for Brookings and Bismarck that, as of now, will be taking place those same weekends, and the virtual Boston Marathon (for which I'll use Brookings). Both races have very small fields (300 - 400 runners maximum), which is the main reason why I didn't wait until it was a little closer timing. Also, the odds of catching COVID-19 during the race-related events are minimal. Looking forward to pulling together a fun road trip itinerary between the two races.


No comments:

Post a Comment