Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Tough Day

It's truly fascinating that the SOS days really aren't so bad, but the "easy" day following them frequently are difficult. While I felt fine yesterday after the speed workout, and wasn't sore last night or even this morning when I woke up, the same could not be said for today's workout. My quads were not happy with me for the first couple of miles of the run -- definitely very sore. And I had a general lack of energy and even enthusiasm for the 6-miler (at 7:25 pace). But I was able to force myself through the whole thing. Were it not for my sending my results daily to my coach, I very well may have stopped the workout very early and decided on doing something else other than the run. Hopefully tomorrow's effort will be a bit smoother than today's.

No comments:

Post a Comment