Saturday, July 4, 2020

Hard day

I got it wrong yesterday -- today wasn't set to be a straightforward 6-miler. Rather, a fast July 4th 4 miles. And what made it all the more difficult, I decided to go forward with running outside despite the fact that it was already very warm (76F) and humid when I first set out, only getting worse during the 29-minute run.

While the first mile was only slightly faster than pace, the amount of speed I gained on the downhill after peaking at Mile 1 was hard to dissipate, so I ran Mile 2 far too fast, and it took too long to pull back during Mile 3, which meant I started out Mile 4 slow -- especially so since that last mile was supposed to be :30 faster than the others. With the extra heat, humidity, and even some gusty wind, not to mention a little bit of a hill, there was no way to get to the needed pace. Brutal.

Mile     Goal     Actual
1           7:25     7:21
2           7:25     7:05
3           7:25     7:22
4           6:55     7:11

Tomorrow is 12 miles at 7:25. If the temp is anywhere near what it was today -- indoors it will be.

Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment