Saturday, January 1, 2022

Abbott rankings

2021 has finally come to a close, and with it, qualifying races for the 2022 Age Championships at the London Marathon in October. For my age group, the Top 85 get invited to the championships and, apparently, they *do* go further down the list if/when someone declines the invitation. However, I highly doubt that they will go down far enough to get to me. My current standing as of 1/1/22 (which may drop, depending on how the last few races not yet factored in affect others):

I jump to the next age group in a few months, so it will be interesting to see how well I do in my first couple of races this year where I try to crack 3 hours. Regardless, whatever that result, apparently my ranking in those race will change once I age up, even though I will be aging up after the race is finished. It may wind up being more difficult, given that only the Top 65 are invited. This year, it required having 7090 points. I think I would have had approximately 6560 points with the above results -- still a fair bit off. Let's hope that the weight loss I'm in the midst of will make a large part of the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment