Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Dopey Challenge 2022, Day 3, part 2

In 2020, the buses were still routed to the back part of the runner's village for all four races. What I didn't realize was that the 5k and 10k bus pick-ups post-race were going to be elsewhere. So, I did the same thing this time than I did in 2020: I went to that area (which is in the first ½ mile of the race) to cheer on the runners who were still only just starting. Most were highly appreciative of it, a few were dismayed that I was there with my medal and seemingly rubbing salt in the wound.

One thing I wish I had a photo of (there was an official photographer who took a photo for *something*, but I haven't seen the article yet) was my cheering people on holding the 5k medal in one hand and the plastic cheese in the other. "Bling and plastic cheese ahead! Keep on going!"

Once the last of the 5k starters passed by, I went back to get showered and changed, and met up with several others for a post-race breakfast at Trattoria al Forno. But for me to get there from CBR, I needed to take the Skyliner to DHS and then walk to the Boardwalk. It was actually a beautiful morning for that walk.




I've been there previously for dinner (quite good), but had no idea that they did breakfast. And, damn, was it tasty.


Afterwards, a few of us who had plans to go to DHS that day met up there and we were able to take advantage of some special passes that 3 of the 4 had for all 4 of us to use the Lightning Lanes to get onto Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway.




Cute ride, despite my disliking the animation style that is used inside. But it's one that typically has a huge line - at least for now. I went back later for a second run through when the standby line was under 60 minutes.

Yet more brief character cavalcades swung through the vicinity:






Having spent some more time going through M&MRR that second time and spent longer time than I'm used to in line for Toy Story Mania (because the other big-ticket rides had obscene wait times), it far too quickly became late enough for me to head on out for my relatively early dinner ADR at Sebastian's Bistro.


Nice view from out front of the restaurant.


Sebastian and Flounder were on-hand to greet me when my table was ready.


The seating arrangement was interesting. The tables for larger groups of people lined the walls and windows, as expected, with the smaller tables for 2 in the middle. In the area I was seated, there were three tables ostensibly for two. I was seated at the one in the middle with this pretty table less than 6 feet away to my left. Note the sign: "For your health and safety, this table is not available." 

And that same less than six feet away to my right was the other table. (I waited until after the lady having dinner there left to take the photo.)

If you're really trying to space tables for my safety, wouldn't it make more sense (even if less aesthetically pleasing) to have the unused table BETWEEN the two occupied tables?

The prix fixe family-style dinner was really quite good.

                                        





Nice, leisurely, unrushed dinner as I was chatting with the lady at the next table over -- she also being Perfectly Dopey, so plenty to chat about.

Back to DHS one more time to try to get in another 1-2 rides, some more photos, and the closing show. Tower of Terror looks great lit up at night:





Time had flown by, and it was high time to hightail it back to my room so I could get another 4 hours of sleep before starting the cycle again, this time for the 10k. So glad that I was along the Skyliner -- so much easier than dealing with the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment