Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Dopey Challenge 2022, Day 1, part 2

Having checked in (an hour later than expected, thanks to my delayed flight) and unpacked everything, I decided to tour the grounds a little bit (having never been to CBR before and knowing that I wouldn't manage to do it any other day if I didn't do it then) before heading off to Disney Hollywood Studios.

Alas, the little island between the pool area and the Skyliner was closed for construction on the bridge to it. :-(


As typical for marathon weekend, Christmas decorations were still up. Always nice seeing the difference in different locations.



Having satisfied my touring desires (since most of the guest-room buildings were essentially the same), I set off for DHS. And given that it was about 3pm by this, I knew full well that it was highly unlikely that I would manage to get onto any rides today. That was fine by me, despite there being a couple of rides I wanted to make sure I got on during my stay; I was more than willing to get some PhotoPass photos 




and explore for the Fab 50 statues that are spread about the four parks


Really rather impressive how the keyboard just seems to float in mid-air.








And at one point, I even happened upon one of the many mini-cavalcades that seem to be the replacement for Disney's normal parades in the parks:




Oh, look at the time. Gotta get out of the park to catch a bus to Disney Springs to tool around for a little bit before getting to my dinner reservation at Paradiso 37.

What? There are no more buses from the parks to Disney Springs? Sigh. OK, Skyliner back to CBR to catch the bus to Disney Springs from there...

No comments:

Post a Comment