Saturday, January 22, 2022

Dopey Challenge 2022, Day 1, part 3

There is so much that is inviting about Disney Springs, lately I always make sure to get there at least on my first day down for Marathon Weekend. the decorations and trees are still up, and there are SO many good restaurants -- slowly but surely I'm working my way through many of them.

Rather than having the Christmas tree walk like they've had in previous years -- a very congested area where you didn't have the best of angles to see the trees let alone take good photos (and certainly not socially distanced, for those that are concerned about that even in outdoor settings) -- they spread out all of the trees throughout the entire venue. I think I managed to see them all.

Star Wars:


Black Panther:

Moana:

Frozen: (notice Olaf's carrots)



Coco:

Disney+:

Main tree at the entrance to Disney Springs:


Beauty & the Beast:

The Lion King:



The Nightmare Before Christmas:


Haunted Mansion:

Disney Parks:

Pixar:

Raya and the Last Dragon:

Princess and the Frog:

Then there were the wonderful Lego sculptures:



And a few other random displays:




After meandering for a while and realizing that going back to DHS (the original plan) would have gotten me onto *maybe* one ride, I took a quick look at getting tickets:


I had plenty of time between when I first bought the ticket and show time, so tooled around for a while. In addition to getting many of the Christmas trees photos, above, I made an uber-important stop at Everglazed. OMG, the instant wave of the smell of sugar when you walk in is intoxicating. And then studying the display case -- which two of that glorious selection of donuts am I going to get?


Peanut Butter Chocolate on the left, and Maple Bacon on the right. SCRUMPTIOUS!

Drawn to Life is the newest Cirque du Soleil show to be in residence at Disney Springs. While I would rather see it on Sunday night after the marathon, they don't do a show on Sundays. So, it was really now or never. OK... I took the plunge. Got really great last-minute seats reasonably close to the stage and fairly central. The show is lots of fun, and in true Disney fashion, the central character recently had a parent die. It's looking at her drawing legacy that she got from him. (And if you have school-age kids, ask about getting one of the four pre-show spots for them to be on-stage, interacting with some of the performers and drawing something that will get featured for the audience.)

Oh, you were looking to see something about running. Well, be patient! Relax. Rest. It's not *always* about the running. You need to give yourself permission to turn it down and recover. The running will happen soon enough. Next up is the expo. And then there are four days of races. You'll get your fix, trust me.


No comments:

Post a Comment