Sunday, January 30, 2022

Dopey Challenge 2022, Day 5, part 2

Having such an early start to the race day and being finished before 7am, there was definitely some more time before park open, so certainly a good idea to get breakfast. While I was tempted to go to Capt. Cook's again for more Tonga Toast, I was relatively easily convinced to meet up with Laura, and potentially a couple other of her friends, at Ale & Compass.



 Mmm... those dark chocolate waffles were scrumptious. And gone in about two minutes.

We wound up meeting up with her friends after breakfast.


And then a few more after got to Magic Kingdom and managed to get on Space Mountain relatively quickly.

                     
    






We didn't manage to get to the one thing left that I wanted to go on before we went our separate ways, and I went to catch the bus to Beach Club to get to my dinner reservation at Cape May Cafe.

Yet another family-style all-you-care-to-eat meal. Dangerous move for me, as I often overeat at such meals, and buffets. In fact, the one previous time I ate at Cape May was while it was still a buffet, and I overate enough that I made myself sick. So much so that I wound up staying in the hotel room the entire next day when the friends I was vacationing with went into the parks. Definitely redeemed myself from that fiasco.




This was really good, even the Buffalo mac & cheese. And while ordinarily I might have asked for more of the beef, I'd had so much beef already up to that point that I didn't bother. The chicken was really good -- definitely got seconds of that.

Apparently I forgot to take a photo of the dish with the seafood: shrimp, mussels, clams, mani-mahi, and the obligatory piece of (soggy) corn on the cob and a half lemon. The mussels and clams were too tiny to bother with getting more, but the shrimp were certainly worth seconds, despite having to peel them.

And I only barely remembered to take a photo of the dessert plate after I had already eaten one of the items.


Back to MK to see if I could get on the revamped Jungle Cruise. Bee-line made back there, and lo and behold the sign said something like 60 minutes. The person in front of me asked if it was really that long, and the CM said "maybe, maybe not." Given the fact that I couldn't see anyone in the queue, and I wasn't planning on doing anything else, I took the chance. It was effectively a walk-on!

It's a fun ride. Some noticeable changes in the routine. The one thing I have always been annoyed with is the fact that there is absolutely nothing done when we are traveling through the tunnel that is ostensibly in Asia. Nothing witty to say here? Hmmm...

Having ended that quickly, there was actually plenty of time before the fireworks, but my plan didn't involved staying for those. I wanted to have a somewhat earlier night of it to have a chance at more sleep before the marathon. After all, I wanted to see what was doable running it for time.

Last thing on the way out, some obligatory night photos.









No comments:

Post a Comment