Saturday, January 15, 2022

Dopey Challenge 2022, Day 1, part 1

There are so many aspects that go into planning a Disney World trip, it's kinda ridiculous. There are TONS of hotels to choose from -- both "on-property" and off. And your choice there hugely influences your transportation choice from the airport to that hotel (assuming you're flying): will you drive a rental car (and pay for parking at on-property hotels), will you take Uber/Lyft, will you use one of the "successor" services to Disney's Magical Express now that DME is no more? 

For a single person, the latter choice was easy -- I chose the bus. At $16 each way and minimal wait, it was pretty much a no-brainer. The hotels are typically a tougher choice. This time around, I was at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Nice property with a decent running trail around their property and the Riviera hotel. And it is ideally located as a hub on the Disney Skyliner -- easy non-bus transportation to Disney Hollywood Studios and to EPCOT. Pricier than I prefer, but quite nice, and convenient.

Yeah, it's the pirate-themed room -- everything else was booked when I went to get my room.







All of the buildings with guest rooms in the five distinct "islands" at CBR were pretty much the same externally.


Each island had its own mini-beach. (Yep, that's the Skyliner in the background.)
They also have their own individual pools (very basic/unremarkable), and one larger pool (pirate/fort-themed (as in Pirates of the Caribbean)) that is more centrally located. There were enough kids there during daylight hours when I was passing by it that I felt too weird to take any photos.

Even though my smartphone is too outdated to have the My Disney Experience app on it, having done the Online Check-in in advance on their website, I had my room number before I arrived at the hotel, and was able to use my previous Magic Band (still linked on my account) as my room key. Nice not having to take the time dealing with the front desk. Especially when I just wanted to get moving to the park and then Disney Springs.

No comments:

Post a Comment