Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Prepping for the marathon

Given other commitments that were made and my late volunteering, rather than being given the 4-hour pace group, I'll actually have the 3:25 pace group. Nice! Definitely gets me much closer to the pace that I was originally planning on doing for my 21-mile long run on Sunday. 

This is going to be the fastest turnaround for a marathon that I've done yet. It'll take about 6 hours to drive down, get to the expo (where I may hang out for a little while before checking in and heading to dinner) and relax for the evening. The marathon starts at 7:10am, so I should cross the finish line by 10:35am. Once I finish up at the finish area, head back to the hotel to shower and change, I should be checked out by about noon. Head out to a hopefully good burger (The Smashburger at Mess Hall sounds pretty good) and then head on back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment