Friday, February 4, 2022

Getting excited

Just over a week until I depart for marathon #53. I'm excited to make another attempt at sub-3 and look like I might have weather that at least cooperates, putting all of the onus on me. (And the 10th anniversary medal looks really neat.)

The course profile looks great:

There's a 3-hour pace group. So I should be able to ignore my watch completely, and simply follow the leader. (I'll probably check at Mile 1 to see if we're considerably faster than we should be -- though I suspect the downhill parts will be fast to allow a slight pullback on the one uphill and even on the long flat at the end.)

And the Finish Village looks pretty good:

Physical therapy (likely stretching, but possibly something related to ice baths which I could've sworn I saw written about before but can't find now), massage, pizza, ice cream, Dole pineapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment