Monday, February 21, 2022

Impromptu marathon?

I wasn't expecting to be running another marathon prior to Shamrock in a month, but it looks like I just might be doing so this coming Saturday. I saw an urgent request for pacers, and while not THAT close, it's close enough so that I only need to spend one night in a hotel the night before. My training schedule calls for running 21 miles on Sunday, so the additional distance on Saturday instead isn't so bad. I've volunteered to be the 4-hour pacer. Should be eminently doable. It's considerably slower than the pace I'm supposed to be running for my long run, but I think it'll be fine by doing most of the other runs at near my expected paces.

To be able to randomly decide to run a marathon is such a nice position to be in. Hopefully there will be a decent-sized group looking to break this milestone time goal. It's a great feeling being able to bring someone across the line in their goal time. While I've never run this particular race before, it looks like it should be relatively straightforward.

No comments:

Post a Comment