Sunday, July 2, 2023

Brutal run

Today's run was truly brutal. When I started out a little after 8am, it was 73F and 90% humidity. By the time I finished, it was nearly 80F. While the conditions were truly horrible, the run wasn't so horrible from the breathing/effort standpoint. However, today's run was atrocious. I started with somewhat fatigued legs, and by the time I finished Mile 7, I had to walk up the hill -- my legs were mostly dead. I wound up alternating .5miles walking, 1.5miles running (slower than desired pace) twice, and then walking my final mile.

Boy, howdy, is it demoralizing when this sort of performance happens. But, at least it's relatively early during the training cycle, and can be overcome. And, as my coach said, this sort of day is why I've got a coach -- he can change up the training sessions during this next week, properly factoring in what's happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment