Sunday, June 11, 2023

The most expensive free sport out there

I have often described running as the most expensive free sport. It's truly astonishing just how much money I spend on sneakers and insoles, clothing, Shot Bloks (rather than the gels most people use), not to mention the cost of race entries, travel, and transportation.

It just hit home with an e-mail that I just got from RoadRunner Sports (where I buy my gear). I'm a VIP member, which enables me to save 10% on my purchases and 10% "cash back" (really credit on future purchases), and a 90-day window that I can try out my sneakers and return them for full refund if needed, regardless of how much I might have run in them in that time. The e-mail listed how much I have saved since becoming a member 10 years ago... $3,489.18. Wow. That's how much my savings on their prices. (It includes occasional extra sales.) That fast math on just how much I spent, mostly on sneakers and insoles, is truly amazing. Oy!

No comments:

Post a Comment