Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Volunteer Opportunity

Earlier today, the Chicago Marathon and 5k sent out an e-mail highlighting the fact that their volunteering opportunities related to both the marathon and 5k have opened up. When I ran my first Chicago marathon in 2016, I volunteered at the expo handing out the t-shirts to the runners.

This time around, I've decided to do two different volunteer shifts:

The first at the expo for the marathon -- handing out the registration packets. Can't wait to help hype the runners up, especially first-timers. (Gotta remember to wear my Abbott 6-star cap and possibly pin.)

The second will be in the finisher's area of the 5k. Regardless of whether it's handing out medals, post-race food, or dealing with merch, it'll be fun congratulating the finishers and hyping up any who are marathoners doing their shakeout run for the next day.

If you're interested, go to Chicago marathon's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment