Thursday, July 6, 2023

Expected rejection leads to unexpected award

London Marathon sent out the results of their ballot to the 2024 marathon earlier today. There were about 450k people who entered the ballot, but there are only 40k spots available. Not surprisingly, I was one of the over 400k people who received a rejection e-mail. :-(

However, since I didn't see the e-mail in my inbox, I went into my spam folder. Yep, sure enough, I found it quickly. But as I scrolled a little bit within the folder for gits and shiggles, I discovered several totally unexpected e-mails: from the Marathon Pour Tous (a.k.a., the Mass Participation Event that is being held in the evening following the completion of the 2024 Olympic Marathon -- looks like I won an entry into the race! Registration is several months away, but that was the first step that was needed. Sweet! Now to do the necessary research to figure out where to stay (hopefully not RIDICULOUSLY expensive), and how long I can spend on this first-ever trip to France (given other travel I'm looking at possibly taking throughout the year).

No comments:

Post a Comment