Monday, April 11, 2022

2018 Redux? Not quite.

 The game is ramping up. What will Marathon Monday hold in store weather-wise?


It looks like it will be a chilly morning before we get moving on the course, but that can be handled will proper layering. While it looks somewhat reminiscent of 2018, if the above forecast stays intact, it will be far better. Back in 2018, it never got above 40F, was pouring the whole time, and had winds of about 25mph. So, yes, even if it winds up raining to some extent, it will be warmer and not nearly as windswept as 2018. Nevertheless, I'm hopeful that the rain chances stay low, and that at most we get intermittent sprinkles *after* we set off. (I don't want to be standing around in increasingly wet shoes.)

And with my standing outside in line for the medal engraving on Tuesday morning, I'm hoping that the wind and rain will hold off until after I set off for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment