Saturday, April 2, 2022

Improving sleep?

Yes, I know. Sleep. 7-8 hours a night is advised. During the work week, I never wind up getting that much. According to my Garmin, I get about 5 - 5.5 hours per night. And it's about a 50-50 split between light sleep and deep sleep -- certainly not ideal.

What's worse is that I'm a stomach sleeper. When I'm in bed, I find it impossible to sleep on my back or on my side. (Interesting, since I can sleep in both positions on the couch in front of the TV, and the couch isn't quite as comfortable as the bed.) So, given my using a regular pillow, I have to cock my head to one side or the other -- not ideal for the neck and shoulders, to be sure. I got a travel pillow that was supposed to be useful for this, but is far too uncomfortable, not to mention the fact that my face still wound up in the mattress. (At least it's good for use on a plane ride.)

I just spent an hour or so reading reviews of various different pillows ostensibly intended for stomach sleeping (so many had such bad reviews), and I just took the plunge on one. Should be interesting to see whether it's comfortable enough to sleep through the night. It arrives Monday, so hopefully I'll have a favorable review in this space on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment