Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Verdict is still out

I gave it an extra day to see how the new pillow works for me. So far, it seems like it just might be working pretty well. I start out readily enough face down -- the hole in the pillow is sufficiently large for much of my face. So long as I am cool enough so that my breathing into a relatively small space doesn't wind up heating me up (which it easily could), this works nicely. As I am wont to do, at least on work nights, I wake up in the middle of the night, and after seeing that it's nowhere near time to really wake up, I relatively easily get back to sleep. However the last two nights either at that point or unwittingly before then, I wound up shifting back to my old position, still on stomach but with head to the side. I've been pretty well rested the past couple of mornings, but Garmin indicates that I haven't increased my proportion of deep sleep; rather, I've been getting more light sleep. Hmm... More testing needed. And hopefully any extra sleep will make my workouts easier and my recover better.

Regardless of new pillows and possibly better sleep, slowly but surely the anxiety about Boston 2 Big Sur is building. What will the weather be like for both races? Will I be able to handle the hills? Will Newton destroy me... again? What about the worse hills in Big Sur? With me being one of the official pacers for the Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon in May (my first time running MCHH), and starting to add the uphill part of that profile into my training runs, will that help me out much with B2B? Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment