Thursday, August 22, 2024

Paris 2024, Day 4 (Part 3)

Rested and reasonably well-fed, I re-entered the gardens and groves of Versailles. (Two entrances were permitted on my pass, so once I left after this time, there was no returning this trip.)

SO MUCH that I hadn't yet explored - most of which I came across. Some of the statues, etc., I made sure to take note of, but plenty I didn't.


(Enceladus)

(The sheer expanse of the grounds of this place were perpetually astonishing.)

(Hercules)

(Bacchante)
(Faune)

(Diogenes)


(Apollo's Baths Grove)

(Water Theatre Fountain)

(Lysias)

(Theophraste)

(Socrates)

(Ulysses)

(Apollonius)

(Grove of the Three Fountains)

(Dragon Fountain)




(Fountains of the Fight of the Animals)

(Night)


(Latona's Fountain)

(Europe)


(Africa)

(Earth)

(The Pastoral Poem)

(Grove of the Three Fountains, again, this time with the fountains going)

(America)

(Summer)

(Winter)




(Dragon fountain)

(Fountain in the Triumphal Arch Grove)

(Neptune fountain)






Finally, hot and somewhat exhausted from walking these enormous grounds, I had a couple of hours to go inside the palace and look about. Stay tuned for Part 4.




No comments:

Post a Comment