Friday, October 8, 2021

Last-minute worries

I'm sitting down at my table listening to the radio and waiting for the car that I put a reservation in for... for more than an hour from now. I *hate* waiting - ugh!

In this intervening time, I get the chance to worry about all sorts of things:

  • Do I have my vaccine card? (Need that for both Chicago and Boston to get into expo, get my bib number, and get on the bus in Boston.)
  • Do I have my full kit for both races?
  • Do I have the proper nutrition (Shot Bloks) and both water bottles for both races?
  • Do I have the right additional clothing for the weekend, accounting for the two race shirts that I will get at the respective expos?
  • What is the weather really going to be like in both cities? Is it really going to be THAT warm? Will I be able to hit the PR that I'm looking for in Chicago which such a high temp?
  • Will my nutrition and hydration this weekend be sufficient for the expected conditions?
  • Will there be any timing issues for my turn-around flight to Chicago or my post-Chicago flight to Boston? (I *think* I gave myself enough time for each.)
  • Have I forgotten anything that I really need with me and don't want to purchase again?
To be sure, I'll run through this list and maybe a few more questions not yet in mind at least a couple of more times before the car arrives to take me to the airport.

What sort of last-minute worries do you obsess over before you get underway?

No comments:

Post a Comment