Tuesday, August 29, 2023

What's going wrong?

None of my long runs of appreciable distance have gone well this cycle - rather unnerving. Sunday, I had GI issues that decided to crop up. Not entirely sure what the underlying cause is, but my best guess is: 1) I'm not getting everything out in the bathroom before setting out on the run (thankfully this week it was treadmill) and possibly 2) my nutrition during the run is not quite right. Strangely enough, I think it might be an issue of the Salted Watermelon Shot Bloks being first consumed at the start of the run. Best thing I can do for now is to just remove them entirely, even though that means doubling up on at least one of my other flavors. (I may also need to remove the Strawberry flavor for similar reasons.)

Likely last long run on Sunday -- a repeat of my 20-miler -- prior to the Sydney Marathon.

Almost wheels up!

No comments:

Post a Comment