Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Pre-Verifying for Boston

The last year or two, the Boston Marathon has started to permit pre-verification of qualifying times about a month prior to the opening of registration. Partaking in this makes the registration process SO much easier. While it doesn't guarantee you a place, it makes the actual registration go very smoothly, and takes a huge amount of the burden off of BAA for fast-turnaround verification during the registration window.

While the time I submitted isn't aas good as I would like, I'm plenty confident that it will be sufficient for me to get in (3:15:53 -- which is BQ-9:07). While that time might be good enough for a Wave 2 Corral 1 start (I don't think it's good enough for Wave 1 Corral 8), hopefully Chicago goes well enough in October that I can provide a faster time for an improved corral placement when they open that up.

Looking to pre-verify? Go to BAA's website

No comments:

Post a Comment