Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Oh, snap! What timing.

Geez, I just went back to look at the Guinness requirements again and realize that I'm actually missing a piece of the outfit! The outfit requires that I *also* have an academic hood. (Somehow when I first read it, I interpreted that as the mortarboard. So sue me, I didn't get an advance degree, so didn't have that in my mindset.) Just put in an order that should arrive a few days before I leave for my trip. Hopefully the red matches the red of my new graduation gown. I decided to get the colors that were most appropriate for my actual degree in math.

Hopefully they will accept the updated pre-race photo. And almost more importantly, I need to find out how much needs to be visible in the selfies at the mile markers. Is a simple head shot from top of mortarboard to mid-chest sufficient, or do they need to see the gown below the knee each time? Hopefully just the former -- easier to assure.

I guess it's a good thing that I'm more worried about some of the specific logistics than I am about hitting the time which, thankfully, has not decreased yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment