Friday, May 26, 2023

Next training cycle

One last training cycle with my coach, since I want to make one more attempt at hitting a sub-3 marathon time, once again at the Chicago Marathon.

Both he and I have our work cut out for us. Obviously, I have the difficult task of hitting all my marks throughout the cycle. But my coach has the difficult task of planning my training regimen. While most of it will be the standard difficulty, he's definitely got an interesting task ahead of him towards the end of the cycle, when I should be hitting my peak and tapering.

Why should it be so difficult? Well, first off, I will be running in the Sydney Marathon, 3 weeks ahead of Chicago. While that itself isn't so bad (since my goal time currently is only under 3:35 - I'll need to figure out just how far under I want to try in my Guinness World Record attempt), I expect I won't be doing much running in the preceding two weeks, given the marathon is near the tail end of a vacation Down Under. And then it will be multiple days before I do much active again. I don't know that I will have anything like a normal taper before Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment