Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Starting a new healthy habit -- very hard

With the new exercises that I have been given to deal with my ankle mobility and also the thoracic spine, I feel the pressure of time on me. I have very limited time to tack anything onto my workout in the morning before I set out for work, so I've wound up shifting my schedule at the back of the day to get to sleep a little earlier (which I should have done long ago anyway) allowing me to wake up 15 minutes earlier than I had been. 15 minutes is helpful, though not truly as much as is needed.

So, additional parts of this need to be done sometime after I get home -- basically the foam rolling that I most definitely don't have time for in the morning. Some of those rolls I'm used to and have done before, but plenty of others I've not done previously. I've got to figure out if I can do that rolling while I'm downstairs watching TV like I use the Normatec, or if I need to concentrate a bit more and have a softer surface (carpeting upstairs as opposed to the hardwood floor downstairs).

They say that it takes 30 days (or is it 60 days) to actually create a habit? Oy. This is going to be a hard one. But I know I need to do it. Time to get crackin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment