Wednesday, June 7, 2023

GWR application changed

Last week, I received approval to attempt the GWR for fastest marathon dressed in full soccer kit. Only once I received that approval did I receive the full details for the requirements. (Why they don't have the requirements for already-established records readily found is beyond me.) While most of the requirement is totally manageable (shirt, shorts, shin pads), the one part that is a deal-breaker for me (since I don't want to injure myself) is the need for fully studded "boots," a.k.a. cleats. No "turf shoes" or regular sneakers allowed. Wearing those and running on the streets of Sydney would be quite painful. So, I've canceled that application.

I've submitted one last application, based on photos that I've seen of the current record-holder: fastest marathon dressed in a graduation gown. The graduation gown looks like it can be unzipped and only go down to one's knees. Presumably the mortarboard is required to be worn. One thing that was unclear was whether a button-down shirt, tie, and/or slacks were required. But it was quite clear from the photo that sneakers were permitted, so the rest of the outfit should be acceptable regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment