Saturday, May 6, 2023

One record hope dashed - what next?

Earlier this week, I went into my Guinness account to submit a question related to my submitted (and accepted) attempt in Sydney, only to see that the now-current record time to beat is about 2:55. Nope! Not gonna happen. Sigh, cancel the application. 

While I've done sub-3 once (by 5, eventually turned into 4 seconds), being able to get back to that shape AND drop yet 5 minutes more is not something that I think is realistic. I want to have some semblance of a buffer between what my capacity is and what is required. And given the fact that Sydney no longer has the relationship with Guinness like Toronto, London, and Berlin do, I will have to do my own documentation. Odds are that will wind up being me having spectators take a photo of me at each mile marker. So that will add an extra 2-3 minutes onto my total running time, at least.

So, what should I do for the record?

Astronomical Body: 3:30:36

Star: 3:30:09

Alien: 3:23:05

Monarch: 3:38:13

Mummy 3:17:37

Mythical Creature: 3:26:38

Piece of Medical Equipment: 3:23:53

Full Quidditch Kit: 4:02:31 (requires running with a broom or PVC pipe held between your legs the whole time, plus a ball in the other hand)

Soccer Kit: 3:28:34

Mascot: 3:17:57 (I don't think that running dressed as the Marathon Maniac logo would qualify, unfortunately)

So far, I'm leaning towards running in a soccer kit, since that is the most reasonable outfit to pull together -- and it's a thoroughly attainable time.

No comments:

Post a Comment