Sunday, April 2, 2023

GWR attempt #3

Well, I've finally taken the plunge. Not only have I registered for the Sydney Marathon, but I just submitted my application with Guinness for another Guinness World Record attempt. This time, it would be as fastest marathon dressed as a scientist (male). The time to beat is 3:14:16 -- something I know that I'm capable of achieving, having run faster than that on multiple occasions, including my prior successful attempt in Toronto in 2019.

Now, I'm just hoping that Sydney Marathon and Guinness re-establish the relationship they previously had where people making an attempt during the marathon did not need to do any of the usual documentation. Somewhere between my original (and aborted) registration in 2020 (thanks, COVID) and the current race, that relationship seems to have ended. But maybe I'll be lucky and they'll re-establish it in the next few months. Not sure I really want to be on the hook for getting all that documentation handled - especially the video of the entire attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment