Wednesday, October 5, 2022

St. George Marathon 2022, part 2 - Friday (expo day!)

The expo didn't open until 11am, so I had time to kill in the morning. After having a very minimalist continental breakfast included at the hotel (waffle, bowl of cereal, and some OJ), I set off with the intent of going to an overlook that didn't look like it would be too far away. Took a little over 1 mile to get to the trailhead, which was about a 1.5-mile one-way trek to get to the overlook. 

Along the way, I noticed this cute little fella in a traffic circle:


I only went a very short distance on the trail before deciding the better part of valor would have me NOT do this hike. The effort was certainly going to be considerable (which I would have been willing to do Thursday morning), and the footing wasn't all that great at the start. Not wanting to expend a huge amount of energy, let alone risk injury, I turned back and did a bit of meandering through the town (which had been set for Thursday, too).

Best of the views I was able to capture from the hill looking at the surrounding area:


Some interesting sculptures and other landmarks within the town:






Alas, their Mormon temple was under renovation, so I couldn't get any decent photos of it or the grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment