Thursday, October 13, 2022

Oooh - neat opportunity

Not often do I wind up getting a huge grin while reading e-mail. Tonight was one of those rare times. I just opened an e-mail from the NYC Marathon inviting me to participate as a representative of the U.S. in the Opening Ceremony / Parade of Nations that kicks off the weekend that Friday night. Sweet!

What's more, there is the possibility of being the flag-bearer, to boot. (W00t!) Hopefully my answers to their couple of questions are sufficient for them to choose me. We'll see soon enough, since there's only 22 days until that ceremony (and 24 until the marathon).

This is going to be a really fun several days. Expo + Harry Potter show on Thursday, Opening Ceremony of Friday, Funny Girl matinee on Saturday, Marathon Day on Sunday. This should be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment