Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Lack of motivation?

Well, certainly as far as writing blog entries is concerned. It's been about 6 weeks. (!)

Training has been a continual mixed bag. Most of my shorter sessions have been going fine, but I don't think I have properly hit any of my goals on any of my long runs. Whether it be my legs being overly fatigued or my HR skyrocketing too early, something has been going awry, making me very unsure about what I should do in St. George. I very much want to crack that 3-hour mark for a second time, and the downhill course will be ideal, but I have to strategize about how conservatively I need to run during the first half.

While I'm glad my running is going well enough that I don't see any problem continuing to register for Boston for the foreseeable future (I just registered for 2023 yesterday with a BQ-25:05 thanks to Mesa 2022), I would like to beat that mark at least once. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment