Saturday, September 17, 2022

Back outside

I finally got back outside for a run -- the temperature broke well enough so that it was in the 60s this morning. While still not meeting the time goal I had, it was nevertheless nice to be off of the treadmill for a change. I need to make sure I get out of my apartment early enough tomorrow morning to take as much advantage of the cooler temps as possible, given that I have a long 22-mile run ahead of me.

2 weeks, now, until race day. Too far out for any realistic forecast, but the current trend looks like it will be ideal at the starting line -- overnight temps getting down to about 52. That and the downhill course will make this a very fast start that I'll need to rein myself in on to make sure I don't burn through my energy too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment