Thursday, October 1, 2020

And then there were two

Well, the Dallas Marathon -- which was one of the three remaining 2020 domestic marathons eligible for the Abbott Age Championships that still had open registration -- has just postponed to April 2021. Sigh. What are the odds that I can manage that one extra qualifying race in the next 3 months? Now it's down to Rock 'n Roll San Antonio and Gulf Coast (in Biloxi, MS). Here's to hoping. 

Training has gone a little better this week. While Sunday really took a lot out of me, Tuesday's and Wednesday's runs were really solid, comfortable even at marathon pace for multiple miles. Less than two weeks left in this taper until my sub-3 attempt. And then to see if I get the bug to continue going sub-3. It'd be fabulous to do that in San Antonio or Biloxi (virtually assuring me a place in the Age Championships), but I think a more comfortable/more easily achievable time would still suffice. Still... I have to wait several weeks to see what's open still, and look to maintain fitness for the additional ~4-6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment