Thursday, October 8, 2020

In the book!

Sweet! It was amazing crossing the finish line in Toronto in October 2019 knowing that I had broken a Guinness World Record for fastest marathon dressed as a super villain, and gotten the official certificate a few weeks later. At the time, it was totally unknown as to whether anything related to it would make it into the 2021 edition of their book. 

Well, the book just came out on Tuesday. Lo and behold, my record made it in there!


Definitely an enormous morale boost going into the marathon I'm running on Sunday attempting to break my PR with a sub-3 time. With good fortune, the temperature will only slowly rise from the low of 60F. But given that it will be very sunny, I think it will rise into the 70s pretty quickly, making this time pretty difficult to achieve. Certainly worth a shot, but I will be very mindful of the possibility of overheating. Finishing safely is ALWAYS more important than pushing too hard, hurting oneself, and not finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment