Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Side Benefit of Forced Closures

Real short post today...

Usually I do my runs or other workouts after work -- doing them in the wee hours of the morning just doesn't work for me. With the recent closure of my gym -- for the foreseeable future -- all my runs must be done outdoors. (I typically run on the treadmill at the gym during the week and outdoors on a local paved trail on weekends.) With the later sunset and spring having sprung early, today's weather was glorious for a brief run. Had I been doing a long run, being in the 60s would have been way too hot, but for a short 6 miles, it was perfect. Calm wind, mostly cloudy, a decent number of other people running or biking on the path. Definitely much more enjoyable than being on the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment