Sunday, March 8, 2020

Another running blog?

Yep. Another runner who thinks he just might have something to contribute to the many conversations that abound in the running community. Or help inspire those who have been mulling over getting into running and trying to get up the gumption to take that first step, literally.

Let's see where things go over the coming weeks and months. My plan to start with is to have a relatively limited number of posts per week -- 2 or 3. I've tried blogs before, and it was tough to come up with something on a daily basis. Who knows, it may prove to be easier on this topic than the others.

For those who are interested in doing so, please reply to posts. Post questions. Even provide answers to others' questions from your optic if you are so inclined. The main rule, though, is to be respectful of everyone's experiences and opinions. Since all posts need to be approved before they appear, if I deem something out of bounds, it won't make it onto the blog.

What are some of the things that I'll raise?

  1. Training runs -- especially particularly difficult or disappointing ones, and how I got through them
  2. The many races I'll be running this year (I've got 8 more on my calendar as of today for a total of 9), from traveling to them, to the expos, to the crowd support and race logistics, to the bling, and to the recovery
  3. Destination races (both domestic and overseas)
  4. My big three goals for the year:
  • Break a second Guinness World Record (yes, I've already broken one -- we'll get to that)
  • Finally break through the 3-hour barrier
  • Run my 50th marathon at the 50th New York City Marathon
     5.  Factors beyond our control:
  • Particularly bad running weather
  • Cancellations due to COVID-19 and other natural (or manmade) disasters

Lace up your shoes and get ready to run 'round the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment