Monday, May 16, 2022

Finally seem prepped

I had been doing some hill work that matches HH's profile on the treadmill since after the Boston Marathon. The last two weeks, I hadn't managed to finish in the time I am set to pace next Sunday. Close, but over time -- never good for a pacer to miss the mark.

Yesterday, I finally managed it, with about 2 minutes to spare, even while walking the "back half" of each of the nasty inclines of Hospital Hill. So, it looks like I can go slightly slower on my earlier miles to preserve some energy to be used in the back 2 miles. This is going to be a really tricky race to pace, having never run this sort of profile before.

Now all I need to do is make sure to get through this procedure on Wednesday and have no lingering side effects (mostly from the prep and the anesthesia). What an interesting week this is going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment