Monday, October 2, 2023

New Zealand, Day 7 (Unplanned tours)

What to do when your planned tour from one day is canceled and can't be rescheduled for your last day in town? Figure out other tours to go to. 

While I found a tour that would take me on the lake, thankfully I arrived early enough to find out that it had been canceled (and their attempt to reach me apparently failed) that allowed me to jump on a similar tour that was set to leave in less than 15 minutes.






















Shortly after our return to the dock and a tasty lunch from one of the dockside vendors (dumplings), I made my way up to the rendezvous for tour #2 -- my return to Middle Earth.





Our first official stop. You don't recognize it? Maybe if you laid down on your stomach at the ledge overlooking this vista? Maybe if you picture some huge oliphants and an advancing horde? And the reverse shot (not pictured) is where Sam and Gollum were "arguing" about Sam's cooking of rabbit stew.







Brief stop to stretch our legs, and also get our first glimpse of Isengard in the distance.












Paradise, Australia (a.k.a., Isengard)



As we were returning to Queenstown, we had one last stop, in Lothlorien. And our tour guide cajoled our company of 9 to don some costumes for a drop of cosplay, and then partake is some afternoon tea:




The sneakers and sunglasses kinda kill the effect, don't ya' think?









No comments:

Post a Comment