Monday, March 21, 2022

Shamrock Marathon, part 1

Every year around St. Patrick's Day, Virginia Beach is home to the Shamrock Marathon weekend of events: a kid's run, 8k, half marathon, and full marathon. This place takes St. Paddy's day very seriously, with lots of green and shamrocks all over the place.

It was a whirlwind visit for me, since I had a massage at 11am, and needed to get down to VB before the 5pm closure of the expo. I got there in plenty of time, at 3:30. They had a really nice-sized space to host their expo, but it was very sparsely populated by booths (and most people had mercifully already been through). Took no time to get in, get my stuff, walk the several aisles, and leave.

Only a brief time of resting at the hotel before I walked up to the restaurant close to the start line. It was CRAZY windy, which had me a little nervous for what race day would have in store. But first, dinner. I was really happy about my choice:


Chicken parmigiana that had Italian sausage, peppers, and onions underneath the mozzarella. Mmmm...

As the restaurant was merely one block away from the boardwalk, which was also part of the marathon course, and I didn't have anything else at all that I needed to do, I took a nice leisurely stroll down the boardwalk and took in some of the sights.








On my way from the boardwalk to get dessert at Kilwin's (really good ice cream), I passed the National Aviation Monument:










No comments:

Post a Comment