Monday, July 15, 2024

Positive movement

Last night's post notwithstanding, there is definitely some very positive news. 

After fluctuating in the vicinity of 170 - 175 for a very long time, and spiking around 178 during my vacation about 3 weeks ago, I have steadily lost nearly 20 pounds. By and large, this is mostly the water that I'm shedding during these runs. A little bit of it is muscle mass, but not too much. This has been my goal weight for quite a while -- last thing I need is to have excessive baggage around my midsection while running a marathon.

Have I changed my routine diet? No.

The biggest changes? 1) Changing my schedule so that I get up a little later (generally not even needing the alarm clock, now), 2) Avoid doing any OT, and 3) Get to work earlier than I had been previously so I can get out of work early afternoon to exercise after work. And that has also reduced my level of stress considerably. (After all, most of the time, I'm not worried about getting through everything timely to get on the road and to the office on time.)

If things aren't working for you, try to identify some of the negative factors and see which ones you can adjust. You'll be amazed at what some simple changes can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment