Sunday, February 4, 2024

Ideal conditions?

Can the weather currently forecasted for next weekend actually hold up? Right now, it's showing mid-40s at start time, and low 60s for the day's high (meaning it will be in the 50s when I cross the finish). And given the start line is outside of the downtown area in the middle of the desert, it should be closer to 40 degrees for the start and will take longer to get into the 50s. Fingers crossed that this holds up. Those conditions, and a mostly downhill course is certainly what will give me my best chance at getting the time that I'm shooting for (under 3:14:00).

Goals

1) Finish in one piece, uninjured (always the basic goal)

2) Sub 3:21:30 (BQ-3:30 improves my current BQ)

3) Sub 3:16:00 (BQ-9:00, what I think will be needed to register for Boston 2025)

4) Sub 3:14:00 (Qualifying time for New York City Marathon 2025)

While it would be great to get an Age Group award, there is pretty much no chance for it for me in Mesa given how many run a sub-3 marathon, and I'm not going to be attempting such a feat again.

No comments:

Post a Comment