Friday, February 24, 2023

Taking the plunge

For the past few years at expos where I have seen vendors selling the various brands of inflatables (Hyperice, Air Relax, etc.) I've taken advantage of the free 10-minute session. It's barely enough to spark one's curiosity about whether this could really be all that beneficial. (10 minutes really doesn't do anything, but lets you know what the activity of the inflating sections of full-leg "boot" feel like.)

These systems are all pretty expensive, which is what further kept me from buying a system. But I just did my taxes last week and wound up getting a tax refund larger than the cost of the system, so I decided to take the plunge and get the Hyperice Normatec 3.0.

These arrived on Thursday, so I've only used them twice so far. Legs definitely feel good afterwards. But I haven't been using them for long enough to be able discern if there is a long-term benefit for me. Nor have I had the opportunity yet to use them right before going for a run, or shortly after returning from my run, given the lack of sufficient time to do that around my weekday workouts -- early morning before leaving for work. To take the extra time to use these would considerably delay my arrival at work, so I'll have to reserve the pre- and post-race use for weekends, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment