Wednesday, June 8, 2022

What to write about?

My next full training cycle starts up next week for my early October marathon where I attempt another sub-3. There's only so much I can write about what happened during any particular workout, and until I'm in the immediate lead-up to or days following a given race, there isn't much else that seems terribly pertinent to opine about here. Any requests for what to talk about?


Today I finally got in to my primary doctor to tell him about what happened to me after the Boston Marathon this year. Take a gander at those posts if you haven't already. One thing I neglected to mention in the prior posts was the fact that right around the time we got to lunch, my hearing got muffled. This was not unique to this specific race. In fact, this seems to happen after almost every single marathon and most of the longer long training runs. My doc is rather stumped by the muffled hearing. And while he did an EKG and will do an echocardiogram as far as the collapse is concerned, he's leaning towards the simpler explanation of simple hypoglycemia.

No comments:

Post a Comment