Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Progress registering? We'll see.

BAA just opened registration this morning for the 125th Boston Marathon, being held the day after the Chicago Marathon in October. I've been registered for Chicago for weeks (months?), and just sent in my application/registration for Boston. Hopefully it won't take BAA too long to verify my BQ-17:58 time and accept my application after the registration period ends on Friday. 

In addition to that, a couple of weeks ago, I submitted my preferences for NYC Marathon: 2021 (1st) and 2022 (2nd). For now, MCM is only being held as a virtual event, but it's possible that they will turn it into a live in-person event. And, if MCM goes in-person, I have a good chance of being a pacer again -- it's the only way I will be running in MCM this year.

So, if everything goes well, all events go forward as planned, it's going to be a really busy few weeks:

Oct 10: Chicago (goal: sub-3 -- just signed on with my trainer again)

Oct 11: Boston (goal: finish, consider a "fun run" re: pace)

Oct 31: MCM 50k (goal: 5-hour pace group leader)

Nov 7: NYC (goal: TBD, at least BQ for 2022 with my "age-up" BQ time of 3:25)

No comments:

Post a Comment