Sunday, May 30, 2021

Positive Feedback Loop

Lately, my training runs have been going extremely well. All of them for the last several weeks have been pretty comfortable, hitting the pace without much/any difficulty. Sure, it's a bit easier to do so given the pre-set tempos on the treadmill, rather than dealing with the elements, but even the treadmill can be a challenge if there's some issue on any given day. I've certainly had my fill of those over the years.

I'm hitting my training well enough that I'm confident that I could break 3:10 again if the weather is cool enough. Looking at the semi-long-range forecast, though, the forecast is for a low of 66F with sunrise being 1 hour before the race starts. It's also calling for thunderstorms. Hopefully it will merely be an intermittent light rain so that I can get the cooling effect of the rain and not have to worry about getting water at the stations to douse myself with. With a slight breeze, it just might be good enough conditions to not need to pull back. We'll see -- it's a razor's edge we'll be running between that storm and the temps climbing quickly (the forecast high being 85F).

Regardless of the race-time decision on my pace, this latest part of the cycle (now that I'm in my taper) has been going well and I'm totally confident in the times I have in me. Now to just get to the start line already...


No comments:

Post a Comment