Friday, September 3, 2021

Squeaking into Big Sur

Phew! Earlier this week (Monday?), I saw a notice that those of us who had been registered for Boston 2 Big Sur 2020 should have received an invitation to early registration for Big Sur Marathon 2022, and that upon our registering for Boston 2022, we would be allowed to upgrade to the B2B challenge. I hadn't gotten that invite and sent an e-mail with the required information. If they had replied to that e-mail, I never received it. (That frequently happens with Haku-related races and my .edu e-mail address.)

Talking with someone at work today, they mentioned Big Sur being their one run marathon, which briefly set me off, knowing that the time window for the early registration had closed. Mercifully, I got out of work early today, and upon getting home, I called up Big Sur. A couple of e-mails later with the needed info, and I'm in! Good thing this happened today, because if I had realized later, they would not have been able to help me out. Thank you, Big Sur!

Looking forward to doing B2B. But there is *so* much more that I need to run before then. Let's keep the races happening, people. Sorry for the preachiness, but if haven't vaccinated and can do so safely, please do. Let's squash COVID and its various variants, put it in the rear-view mirror, and return back as close to normal as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment